Dragon Ball Z: The Next Wish
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome... to the begininng of the end... THE NEXT WISH: THE EPIC RP EXPERIENCE

HomeCalendarLatest imagesFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Bead Dragon Tutorial!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
glameowgirl

glameowgirl

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Empty
PostSubject: Bead Dragon Tutorial!!   Bead Dragon Tutorial!! EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 4:53 pm

SOZ i havent been here guys..... ive been too busy on a Warrior Cats forum ^^; and this forum seems pretty dead too.... But i just remembered i was gonna make a tutorial for this so here it is! This is for a basic bead dragon (which is a modified bead lizard if you ever made one of those) but you can use the same techniques and adjust the pattern to make ones that look different, like the Shenlong i made!

Sory for the quality of teh photos... i took them on my DSi and i started running out of daylight too...

Stuff you need:

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0010

• Beads (Regular beads, and also optionally really small beads if you want to add whiskers. Make sure they are big enough for your wire to fit through twice though!)
  • Wire (you CAN use other kind of cord too but i dont recommend it if you are going to add wings because that will make it very floppy)
  • Scissors
  • Clasps (optional but it lets you clip it onto something!)

Instructions:

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0011
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0012
I usually start by plotting out the beads im going to use and the pattern of them to make sure i have all the beads i need. I did end up changing the feet to be blue though after this photo XD i think this was 88 regular beads + 14 tiny beads.

Then you cut a big length of wire. I couldn't get a good photo of this sorry Sad i dont really know how long its supposed to be, i just wing it... If you run out you can always tie more on but its difficult with wire.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0013
Now first you take one end of your wire and put it through the little hole on top of your clasp (if you are adding a clasp.)
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0014
(^ ZOMG u can see my cat's ears!!) Then you take the other end of the wire and put it through the other way so it forms an X shape. I call this "crossing" and will use that term most of the rest of the tutorial.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0015
Then you pull both sides tight until it settles in the middle.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0016
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0017
Now you do the same thing by crossing the beginning of the muzzle (the front of the face) which in this case means two orange beads. if you are skipping the clasp you can also just start with this instead.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0018
Now we do the whiskers. Take ONE SIDE of the wire and put all the beads for the wire on, which for this dragon will be seven tiny white beads.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0020
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0021
Put them down at the dragon but make sure they don't get stuck inside the bigger beads. Take the end of the wire coming out of the LAST bead and then thread it back through all the beads BEFORE it. Pull it tight.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0022
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0023
Take the OTHER side of the wire and do the same thing there.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0024
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0025
Now take both wires and cross on the next row, which for this dragon will be a blue for an eye, orange for the center of the head, and another blue for the other eye.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0026
Now the horns. You do a similar thing that you do for the whiskers. You take ONE SIDE of the wire and string on all the beads for the horns (you have to have two minimum but you can add as many as you want).

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0027
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0028
Like you did with the whiskers, take the wire coming out of the last bead and thread it backwards through the previous bead(s). Pull it tight.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0029
Do that on the other side too.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0030
Now take both wires and cross on the end of the head and the neck. Usually a typical bead lizard doesnt have a row for the neck but with the horns it looks a little cleaner if you give it a neck.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0031
Now we do the legs! Take ONE SIDE of the wire and then put on the beads for the leg itself (typically two), and three beads for the paws.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0032
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0033
Like you did with the horns and whiskers you take the wire coming out of the end, but you skip ALL THREE of the paw beads to only thread through the leg itself. Tighten it, you might need to adjust the claws a little to make them look right.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0034
Do it on the other side too. I forgot to take a photo of it tightened so just trust me x_x;

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0110
Now cross on teh main body rows but stopping right before the base of the tail. Make sure theres at least two clear body rows if youre adding wings.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0036
Do the back legs you same way you did the front legs.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0035
Then you cross on the rest of the taill.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0037
Hard to take a pic of this... cross the wires and pull them tight like youre tying a shoelace, then do that again... and a third or fourth time for good measure XD

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0038
Cut the long ends.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0039
And now you have a wingless dragon! Very Happy If you were maeking something like Shenlong then youre done! But if you want to add wings then thet is next...

Wings (Optional):
You have to start with cutting a new piece of wire. You need a pretty good amount, less than the main body though i think. I sometimes tie together scrap wire into one big piece to be less wasteful.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0041
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0040
Take the very tip of the wing (one single bead here...) and cross it on to the center of your wire.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0042
Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0043
Then you start to cross on the next columns. While you built the body of the dragon vertically, you build the wings horizontally.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0044
Build all of the first wing the same way.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0045
Then thread the wires through the middle segments of the body, the top wire through the top middle and the bottom wire through the bottom middle obviously. pull it tight!

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0046
Start to cross on the columns for the other wing. You do it the same way you did the first but in reverse, with the part clsoest to the body first...

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0047
...and the tip of the wing last.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0048
Tie the wire off and cut the ends like you did on the tail tip.

Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Hni_0049
And yuore done!!!

Ive never made a toturial before so i hope this is easy enough to follow.. i can answer any questions anybody has though Smile ok bye!!

ULTRA_DRAGON likes this post

Back to top Go down
Everything-Fan-666

Everything-Fan-666

PostSubject: Re: Bead Dragon Tutorial!!   Bead Dragon Tutorial!! EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 10:07 pm

I think you did a wonderful job for your first time making a tutorial. Very informative. I'll have to try making one of these very soon!

glameowgirl likes this post

Back to top Go down
ULTRA_DRAGON

ULTRA_DRAGON

PostSubject: Re: Bead Dragon Tutorial!!   Bead Dragon Tutorial!! EmptyTue Feb 06, 2024 11:13 pm

I NEED TO MAKE ONE

broly

broly

PostSubject: Re: Bead Dragon Tutorial!!   Bead Dragon Tutorial!! EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 12:29 pm

Its ok

Back to top Go down
gokudragonball

gokudragonball

PostSubject: Re: Bead Dragon Tutorial!!   Bead Dragon Tutorial!! EmptyThu Feb 15, 2024 12:05 am

looks dangoros... be care full of tha dragon

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bead Dragon Tutorial!!   Bead Dragon Tutorial!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Bead Dragon Tutorial!!
Page 1 of 1